When: 9th to 19thAugust, 2019
Where: Brisbane Showgrounds
Brisbane Ekka (Royal Queensland Show) is a long standing favourite on the Brisbane event calendar and is held over 10 days of fun in August each year. The 10 days are include two weekends, so that locals and visitors alike can maximise their EKKA experience.
One of Queensland’s biggest annual events, Ekka has been running since 1876 and provides an opportunity to showcase the best of our states animal competitions, award-winning food and wine, live entertainment, carnival style fun, and more.
Brisbane’s EKKA is fun for the whole family!
EKKA Highlights include:
- Rides and attractions for all the family
- Fun and games at Sideshow Alley
- Showbags galore for kids, adults and even pets
- Show food – from gourmet delights to traditional favourites such as dagwood dogs and Ekka’s famous Strawberry Sundaes
- Australian animals and displays including the RACQ Animal Nursery
- EkkaNites with fireworks and entertainment
For all the latest information please head over to the official website for EKKA Royal Queensland Show
Note: People’s Day is the official Royal Queensland Show public holiday and this year will fall on Wednesday the 14th of August 2019.
The Astor Apartments makes a great base to attend a Brisbane event. Enjoy the convenience of self-contained apartment accommodation and make the most of the onsite facilities including swimming pool, spa and sauna, and BBQ facilities.
From The Astor Apartments you have several options for transport to the Ekka venue at Brisbane Showgrounds – public transport is available nearby including bus or train journeys, by car (uber or taxi) it’s about 5-10 minutes and for those keen to go by foot it’s approximately 2km.